When I started making blocks for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, I was just tooting around, and more or less experimenting with blocks I'd never made before. Now, I'm feeling the pull again to try and complete all 140 blocks! Of course, I hadn't printed all the patterns off before they were pulled from the web site, so I will just have to pick up the book next spring so I can complete the top. :)
From the beginning I have been tracking the time it has taken me to make each block from start to finish, including the time taken to make the paper piecing templates if needed. I started in May, 2007, and including the newest block I've made, Mariner's Compass, I've spent 24 and 1/2 hours on this quilt.
Here is the Mariner's Compass I finished last night, after some motivation inspired by the quilt guild meeting I attended...
There are a few accuracy issues, after all, I didn't finish until nearly midnight. I say, imperfections add character. :)