Saturday, January 29, 2011

Valentine's Day Finish

Taking a break from my more involved projects to make a few Valentine's decorations, and work on Baby Emma's quilt. Here's some shots of two little things I made...

The little table runner below I made for my youngest's preschool teacher. She had surgery on her foot a few weeks ago and just returned this week, but is still recovering. I thought it would be a nice "welcome back".

My tension went a little crazy and and so my free motion got a little wonky in some spots, but I'm still happy with these. I haven't decided if I'm going to block them or not. Maybe the wallhanging I made for the door so it lies nice and flat.

This is the wallhanging for the front door - I thought it turned out cute! :) I experimented with a new technique on my binding too this time around. I couldn't believe I actually did it right the first try! I had always learned to tuck my binding into itself where you stop/start. Well that's easy and all but it creates a big bulky lump that is REALLY noticeable in little quilts. So I measured and cut the binding to exactly fit the quilt...and you can almost not even tell where it stops and starts! I will be doing that from now on, on all my bindings. What a difference!
Oh and that I'm looking at this picture, the wallhanging mini will be blocked. LOL* I see those corners are going every which way.


Karen said...

I think the heart quilting design is just perfect for the Valentine pieces you made. Perfect for February.

julieQ said...

What awesome quilting!! It just made the quilt perfect!

Anonymous said...

hi my wife your stuff is always the best, i love your artwork your so talented i love you so much boo little emma will be so happy!