The little table runner below I made for my youngest's preschool teacher. She had surgery on her foot a few weeks ago and just returned this week, but is still recovering. I thought it would be a nice "welcome back".
My tension went a little crazy and and so my free motion got a little wonky in some spots, but I'm still happy with these. I haven't decided if I'm going to block them or not. Maybe the wallhanging I made for the door so it lies nice and flat.
This is the wallhanging for the front door - I thought it turned out cute! :) I experimented with a new technique on my binding too this time around. I couldn't believe I actually did it right the first try! I had always learned to tuck my binding into itself where you stop/start. Well that's easy and all but it creates a big bulky lump that is REALLY noticeable in little quilts. So I measured and cut the binding to exactly fit the quilt...and you can almost not even tell where it stops and starts! I will be doing that from now on, on all my bindings. What a difference!