I had a few hiccups but it didn't turn out too bad. I should have made the basket/vase smaller and committed to it being either a basket OR a vase!!! Hahaha...there wasn't enough room for a flowing feather from the top so it's a bit stunted looking. Hahahaha...BUT...a good learning experience...and unless you go over it with a fine tooth comb anybody who isn't an obsessive quilter probably won't notice.
I used Superior's So Fine! in the top and bottom in a taupe color...I'm going to order some bottom line for next time as it just got too thready on the back for my taste.
I also won't use this much batting again. I used two layers - but I didn't cut it away like you would with machine trapunto. It's one layer of warm and white and directly under the quilting is a layer of high loft poly. It was so fat and dense under the foot that I got a lot of thread breakage, wrinkles, and skipped stitches even with a fresh needle.
My Mother loaned me her thread stand so I could use my new cones of thread. It worked out well except for winding bobbins. OH long arm come soon!! I cannot wait!! It will be nice to have another method to wind bobbins as I don't like the sidewinder much and winding on my machine is a real pain in the pattoot.