I will try not to drive you crazy with too many fabric dyeing posts - but I did want to share my final results! Doesn't this stack look SO gorgeous!?
I didn't get a lot of dyeing done yesterday because of the rain, and it snuck up on me again today! (Snuck is a word isn't it? Blogger is underlining it as a misspelling...but I'm positive snuck is a real word!!) Anyhow - it rained, but I was able to get through my batch of pre-soaked fabric anyway.
Lots of in progress pictures...
...this green is called "wasabi". I think what I was looking for was more of a chartreuse, and as soon as I can I'm going to order some. I'm also thinking I really need some aqua and yellow.
I was really surprised at the color the green turned out to be. It's more of a mustardy baby poop green. Ok - I know mustardy isn't a word. But it's amazing how different the color ended up!
This is one of my favorite pieces...
OH the pinks and oranges and purple!!! Aren't they pretty???
The first fabric there is that WASABI green!! It totally is NOT the same color as the dye!! I also found that the color amethyst is more of a fuschia than a purple once the dyeing is done.
Even with the slight color differences that I hadn't anticipated, I would say this whole dyeing experience was a success. I used procion mx dyes from Dharma Trading Company - salt - soda ash - and 108" bleached muslin. I'd like to experiment with PDF fabric and cotton sateen...I cannot wait to run out and buy more fabric to do another batch!!!
**Almost forgot to add - Nina Marie popped in yesterday and asked if I'd like to link up with her for a little linky party regarding my creative happenings for the week...um, YES OF COURSE I WOULD!! :) Stop by and see what the other awesome participants posted about!