Those green borders just drove me crazy. When I started this quilt I had a vision in my mind of a blue and green quilt - I thought the green would come from the borders. When I attached them it just kept going WRONG. The more I added, the more I became frustrated, the worse my work was. So I decided to just let them go - and start over.
The dahlia centerpiece I completed almost a year ago - and added the appliqué blue leafy fronds later. I spent quite a bit of time trying to make them as perfect as possible. I see now that I have this up on the wall there is a wavy fullness in that bottom border from incorrect measurement. I will rip it off today and correct it before going any further.
If I have learned anything over the years I have been quilting it is to overlook carefully - and do it right the first time, or STOP and do it again. :)
I think I've been struck with a name as well. I am not too shy about the fact that I think naming quilts is terribly cheesy. I just can't help it. It's not my thing. But to identify works of art sometimes I realize a name is necessary, so I am going to embrace the cheese this time around! I'm naming this quilt - Impermanence - which has a real meaning to me and really expresses where I am in my life and with my artwork.
I feel like a weight has been lifted and now I can get to the fun part - the quilting. :)