Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Little Progress on My Dahlia Quilt

I have two or three days in between my last client and next client quilt - so I decided to get as much done on my dahlia quilt as possible.  Yesterday my goal was to stabilize it enough I could take it on and off the frame without distortion...today was just play.  Get as much filling in as I could...without getting sloppy.  Gosh that is harder to do than say!


I started using blue metallic but it just looks so thick and heavy and got sloppy looking quick.  (No sloppy allowed, remember?)  So I ripped and started over with blue Bottom Line.  The black is all Invisifil.  I bought silk for work in the actual dahlia, which if I can muster up enough energy after dinner I might begin working on tonight.  I don't think I'll be able to get too much done over my "weekend" when all the kids and Hubby are home.  We need a good family day all together though so I'm ok with that.  :)


I did finish quite a bit more than I'm showing here but it's hard to get a full on photo...well that and I'm hiding in the computer room for a few minutes of peace.  :)

Hope all in blogland are having a good weekend so far!

- Valerie

3 comments:

Leeanne said...

looks beautiful, I look forward to seeing more.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Love your beautiful quilting...

Margaret said...

it may seem counterintuitive, but I think that the mottled fabrics of the dahlia can handle the heavier weight thread easier than the solid black. Cant wait to see what you d0-